Thursday, May 24, 2012

Civil 3D Audit Commands

Have you ever run into major errors in your grading files and can't figure out what is wrong? Ever run the Audit command and it says surface error, then you look at the definition of the surface and it create a snapshot and no longer references actual feature lines, grading groups, etc.? What about disappearing feature lines and grading groups?

These are issues my colleagues and myself have ran into over the years. I have been looking for a fix for a while now, and I think I may have found a solution.

Here is a post by the CAD Geek referring to some of these issues, which then forwards you on to the Being Civil Blog post about Undocumented Commands, which then points to the (now documented) Autodesk page referring to these commands.

From what I understand, you would first run the 'AeccFindSiteOverlaps' command on each site. The command will tell you if there are erros and which of the following commands should be run to remove overlapping geometry: 'AeccRemoveDupFeatureLines', 'AeccRemoveAlignmentsFromSite', or 'AeccRemoveDupLotLines'.

1 comment: